SAE JA6268TM: What it is and How Garrett Can Enable Success
JA6268TM is an SAETM standard defined to ease the exchange of data between industry players and to enable the adoption of Integrated Vehicle Health Management (IVHM).
SAE JA6268TM is defined by the HRCSTM (Health-Ready Component Systems) consortium, a subgroup of SAETM, and exists for many industries, including automotive and aerospace. Overall, it provides standard templates for main components that can be found in a vehicle, describing their failure modes, the mechanism to monitor their heath, and run time data required to enable health monitoring. The standard templates are hosted by HRCSTM and will be made available to the public in in the spring of 2021.
Each standard template needs to be adjusted/adapted for specific vehicles or components by suppliers, OEMs, and fleet operators. Garrett’s expertise and tool chain will make it fast and effective for any player in the industry to get more value out of vehicle information.
Discover How JA6268TM Benefits You
- For OEM
- For Suppliers
- For Fleet Operators
- “I want to lower warranty costs (reduce ‘No Trouble Found’).”
- “I want to implement remote diagnostics and prognostics.”
- “I want better service and quality results.”
- “I want a standard mechanism to share vehicle information within my ecosystems.”
- Increase product value with less failures and better designs, greater anticipation of issues
- Grow end-customer satisfaction
- Enable new services and business models at low cost!
- “I want to provide better support for my products.”
- “I want to improve quality of my products by understanding failure modes and related conditions of my components in real conditions.”
- “I want standard mechanism to share vehicle information within my ecosystems.”
- Increase the value of products and services
- Improve the quality of products
- Lower development and integration costs
- “I want my fleet to be operational when needed.”
- “I want to reduce maintenance costs.”
- “I want to have a uniform view of vehicle health across my multi-branded fleet.”
- “I want a standard process when interacting with service centers.”
- “I want a standard process to accommodate service bulletins from OEMs.”
- Implement uniformed diagnostic and prognostic functions
- Reduce complexity and costs to manage fleet health
Garrett Advanced Diagnostics & Prognostics Solutions
Our solutions help automakers, fleet operators and suppliers make vehicle health management more effective while lowering their operational costs and improving end-customer satisfaction.