Become Cyber-Secure with Garrett
A vehicle fleet cyber-attack can cost billions in recalls, damaged stock price, loss of customer loyalty and confidence. Implementing an efficient cybersecurity solution is one of the auto industry’s most critical challenges, and the threat is growing – by 2025 majority of sold vehicles will be connected. This exponential rise of in-vehicle connectivity grows the amount of cyber-attack surfaces, making them more attractive targets to hackers.
Garrett’s cybersecurity offerings help car manufacturers to secure their vehicles and meet UNECE R155 regulations.
How Our Solution Works
1. Garrett IDS
Our Garrett Intrusion Detection System (IDS) is hardware agnostic. It reads all traffic on CAN, CAN FD or Ethernet vehicle buses and flags any anomalies and malicious messages. Ranked among best-in-class solutions in detection rate, false-positive level, and onboard CPU usage. It can fit on any legacy ECU or upcoming generations and is simple to maintain during a lifetime with its off-board calibration tool.
Garrett IDS Functions
- 50+ advanced algorithms, multi-network detection
- Independent of system hardware and operating system, easy to integrate
- Full lifecycle security management and related configuration tools
- Suitable for CAN, CAN FD, Ethernet and high-performance automotive controllers
- SOA (Software Oriented Architecture) Service Anomaly Monitoring and Control
2. Garrett SOC SIEM
Our solution provides analytic and forensic tools for the Security Operations Center (SOC) and Security Incidents and Events Management (SIEM) to understand the root cause of an on-board alert, saving time and money for OEMs and fleet operators.
Garrett SOC SIEM Functions
- Log reading, parsing, correlation
- Identify severity levels, prioritization, incident escalation
- Abnormal vehicle signal cause-analysis module
- Rule-based is the mainstay, supplemented by machine learning