What Garrett – Advancing Motion Sponsorship Offers
Garrett’s Collegiate Design Series sponsorship is available to colleges and universities that compete in any of the Formula SAE or Formula Student events globally as well as some other college competitions while supplies last.
Teams sponsored by Garrett will receive one turbocharger to be used in their competition. Our current offerings are:
- NGT1334z turbocharger (8.6 pounds, as supplied)
- NGT1036z turbocharger (7.6 pounds, as supplied)
- GT06 turbocharger (9.8 pounds, as supplied)
To help you make your decision on which turbocharger is right for your team, we will send you the drawings and performance maps for both turbochargers via email. Once you have made your decision, you will receive the appropriate turbocharger as well as the following:
- A Garrett contact who can answer technical questions about the turbochargers
- “Garrett” decals to use on your project vehicle
- Our corporate logo for your Web site sponsor list
3D models are also available upon request.
The NGT13 turbocharger has a variable wastegate (turbine bypass) controlled by a pneumatic actuator. The turbine inlet and turbine outlet flanges are bolted configurations which the student team will need to replicate for their mating pipes. Dimensions can be found on the supplied drawings.
The NGT10 turbocharger has a variable wastegate (turbine bypass) controlled by a pneumatic actuator and an included electronic solenoid valve. Additionally, an integrated compressor bypass valve with an electronic valve is equipped on the turbocharger. The turbine inlet and turbine outlet flanges are bolted configurations which the student team will need to replicate for their mating pipes. Dimensions can be found on the supplied drawings.
The GT06 turbocharger has a variable wastegate (turbine bypass) controlled by a pneumatic actuator. The turbine inlet is designed for a specific two-cylinder engine. Teams may elect to modify the housing to have a single inlet. The turbine outlet flange is a bolted configuration which the student team will need to replicate for their mating pipes. Dimensions can be found on the supplied drawings.
Get sponsored today
Please note: due to different laws in different countries, we may be unable to pay tax and duties, or may be restricted from making shipments to your country altogether. While Garrett does pay for shipping, you may be required by your local government to pay some additional tax or duties, or you may have to arrange for alternative shipment processes.
- Full sponsorship requirements will be communicated once Garrett has received the completed form above, assessed and accepted the application..
- We require a scanned letter on university letterhead, signed by your faculty advisor in addition to some calculations showing the turbocharger will be suitable for your application.
- The letter should include the name of your faculty advisor, the race year and location you plan to run the Garrett powered engine, and an email address where a response should be sent.
- All correspondence should always include the name of your university in the subject line.
- Once your letter is received, you can expect an email containing the drawings and maps of the currently available turbochargers.
- You will then be asked to provide some matching calculations showing that the turbocharger is a good fit for your engine.
- Garrett also requests teams provide feedback periodically. This can range from competition results, build updates, issues during testing, etc.
- Formula SAE’ and ‘Formula Student’ are trademarks of the Society Of Automotive Engineers and SAE International corporations.