What is H2ICE
A Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (H2ICE) is an engine specifically tailored for use in commercial vehicles that aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The engine uses hydrogen as fuel and achieves near zero CO2 emissions.
How Garrett supports H2ICE powertrains
- There is a Garrett turbo for nearly every size of internal combustion engine – from 0.6L power units to massive industrial engines up to 100L and everything in between including medium and heavy duty trucks from 5 to 16L.
- Garrett is developing tailored solutions to fit the challenging boosting needs of H2ICE.
- Garrett engineers are unparalleled problem solvers and innovators, responsible for award-winning technologies
- World-class boosting technologies enable engine downsizing, advanced performance and fuel efficiency benefits
- Garrett leverages nearly 70 years of expertise and partnership with OEMs.
*on OEM addressable market, excluding in-house
Discover Garrett Boosting Technology for H2ICE
Garrett's wide range of boosting technologies, from E-Turbo to VNT, supports H2ICE engines
Award-Winning E-Turbo Technology
Garrett’s state-of-the-art E-Turbo has been recognized as a superior innovation with an Automotive News PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers’ Contribution to Excellence) Award, a first for electric turbochargers. World-class Garrett engineers successfully overcame the many challenges in thermal management, energy recovery, compact packaging and high-volume and low-cost design to develop the E-Turbo, wowing the PACE judge panel to earn the award in September 2021.
Achieving peak performance is essential for gasoline engines amid tightening fuel efficiency and emissions standards. To enable smaller, lighter and more efficient engines, Garrett’s wastegate turbo for gas technology uses advanced aerodynamics, materials and bearing systems that maximize capabilities and fuse power with innovation.
Commercial Vehicle Two Stage Serial Turbochargers
Garrett’s field-proven comprehensive turbo range improves productivity in on- & off-highway applications by helping reduce fuel consumption, increasing power density and improving vehicle uptime.
Double Axle VNT Turbocharger for Commercial Vehicles
Garrett’s latest generation of Variable Geometry DAVNT (Double Axle VNT) turbo offers robust and high performance-boosting solutions enabling fuel efficiency improvement, emission reduction, and further enhanced engine braking capabilities.